How to guide – to verify your friendster account.
If you haven’t open your friendster account since September 2009, you might haven’t read the below notice:
“Please Note: As of September 24, 2009 all Friendster members are required to Verify their Email Address. Follow the instructions below.”
A lot of my friedster’s users in my internet cafe are having problem with verifying there email address. They’re having problem accessing with their account because last September 28, 2009 Friendster have tighten up their security by cleaning-up unverified emails, that is why this is happening.
Why Do I Need To Verify My Email Address?
As per friendster, you need verify your email address to:
– Receive network activity from friends
– Send messages to friends
– Post a comment or bulletin
– Create and manage your Blog
This mean you won’t be able to update your profile or even post a comment using you account. But to view your account, you can just simply search for it without logging-in.
How to verify your friendster account.
If you have an email account already you can proceed in email verification process. Just follow the simple step below:
1. Click on “Resend Email” if you’d like to verify the address you currently have registered with Friendster. If you want to first edit the email address you have registered with Friendster and then verify that address, please click on the “Update this email” link
2. Once you’ve clicked “Resend Email” you’ll receive an email to the email address you’ve registered with Friendster (this is sent to your personal inbox on Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc)
3. Login to your personal email inbox (yahoo/gmail/hotmail) and find the “Verify Email” from Friendster.
4. Please open the “Verify Email” email and click on the “Verify Email” link/button (in the verify email)
5. Once you have successfully verified your account you will be directed to you friendster profile.
That’s it! On my next post I’ll be posting on how to change friendster profile email. Hope this step by step procedure will help you update your friendster account.