Email Configuration Prerequisites
I have created this post to help my clients (who purchased hosting or domain name from Qlick Internet Solution) on How to Configure Personal Domain Email on Gmail Email Client. Just in case you don’t know yet, Domain Name are readable address of your server that host your email and website. So instead typing the numeric address you will just type the domain name of your website. In this case, instead of typing my server address in the address bar:
Numeric Address: http://192.168.0.x
Domain Name: http://www.yourdomain.com
you type http://www.qlickcafe.com/ or www.qlickcafe.com.
Now you understand the term domain name, let me discuss the prerequisites to this guide to setup your Domain Email on Gmail Email Client.
To do this configurations/guides you must have the following available:
- Email Address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Outgoing Server (smtp)
- Incoming Server (imap/pop)
- Gmail Email Account
I have discussed the configuration details before, you can it check out using the link below: http://www.qlickcafe.com/blogs/qlick-solutions/how-to-configure-email-on-android-phones-or-tablets/
Step by Step Guide on How to Configure Personal Domain Email on Gmail Email Client:
If you have the above detail available and you have already setup your gmail account, we can now proceed with the process below:
1. Let us start by logging-in to Gmail Email Client Account.
3. Click the Accounts and Import tab.
4. Look for the add mail account link(near the Check mail from other accounts:), then follow the gmail instructions.
5. Enter your complete email address (e.g. email@example.com), then click the next button.
6. You will be ask to import using Gmailify. Since we are not using a Gmailify account, by default the option button will be on Import emails from my other account (POP3). Just click the next button to proceed.
7. You will be ask to enter your username, password and POP Server on the next instruction, make sure you refer to the above details.
Use the email address as the Username. Counter-check the POP server, it should be your domain name and mail. as the prefix. (e.g. mail.qlickcafe.com)
8. Gmail will confirm that your mail account has been added.You’ll be asked if you also like to set up the outgoing account. If you wish to set this also up, just make sure the Yes, I want to be able to send mail as option is selected and then click the Next button to continue.
9. Simply click the Next Step button, if don’t wish to change the Name field’s default value.
11. Lastly, you will be asked to verify your account, in which Gmail will send a confirmation message to your email address. You can access the message using your webmail and key-in the confirmation code (8 digits). You can also just the link in the email message, to be able to send messages using Gmail.
I hope I was able to guide you properly in setting up your email account. If you further questions or query regarding this guide in setting up Domain Email on Gmail Email Client, don’t hesitate to comment below or contact me thru my email jhongmed[at]qlickcafe.com. I would be more welcome to helpout!
Meantime, Thanks for visiting!!!