“Using Adobe Photoshop Plugin ICOFormat-1.6f9″
Before I start with the procedure in creating favicon (”favorite icon”) for your website you must have the following:
1. Download the ICOFormat plugin and save it then extract it to your Adobe Photoshop Plug-ins File Format Folder.
2. Create or design your favicon into a 64 x 64 px image. In this demo I’ll create a favicon for Zorlone.com as an example (figure 03).
3. When you’re ready to test the design select Image>Image Size menu and enter 16 x 16 in the pixel dimensions. Click on Resample Image and choose “Bicubic Sharper” from the drop-down menu (CS only for this step). This is the best setting for making sure that an image doesn’t blur as it’s being resized.
4. Then when you’re ready to save the file go to File>Save As> then save it as favicon.ico.
5. Upload the file on your /public_html/ (root) folder using the Fire-FTP Client or any FTP client. (I’ll provide another post for on how to use the fireftp next time.)
6. Then open your Word Press wp-admin then go to Appearance>Editor>
and edit your header.php (Header). Add the code below to help your browser locate the icon.
Here is the link code to include:
<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”favicon.ico” >
It should be added between the <head> … </head> tag. Then save what you have edit.
7. Lastly to be able to view changes, clear the browse cache and refresh your page.