The Step by Step Guide To Resolve the Arras Theme Problem
Since the released of the WordPress 3.2 I’ve been trying to resolve widget.php error on my two website the RizalPark.Org and TheLunchBreakBlogger.com whenever I click the WordPress 3.2 Update Now link. I’m using Arras Theme 1.5.01 on both sites and I always have an Widget.php error when ever I update my wordpress.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Arras_Widget_Tag_Cloud::WP_Widget_Tag_Cloud() in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/themes/arras/library/widgets.php on line 404
How did I resolved the problem? Thanks to Karen Woodham of slappybear.co.uk a fellow P50 Member and also an Arras Theme user. Below were the steps I did but make sure to backup everything first:
7 Step to Resolve the Arras Theme – Word Press 3.2 update Problem
1. First, I backup my Word Press files and database.
2. Download the Arras Theme at: http://arras-theme.googlecode.com/files/arras.1.5.1.zip
3. Using an FTP Client, I login to my server and rename the arras folder at:
from “arras” to “arras1”
If you don’t have a FTP Client you can download FireFTP from firefox plugin or you can rename it using the CPanel File Manager (if you have a cpanel access).
4. Once you have renamed the arras folder your theme will be changed to the Word Press default theme. Go to the Appearance > Themes, then click Install Themes Tab.
5. Click the Upload, click the “Choose File” button and locate where you downloaded arras.1.5.1.zip file.
6. Click the Open button of the dialog box then click the “Install Now” button.
7. Then after the installation click activate then your good to go.
So that’s it, if you still have problems with the updates, I definitely encourage you to comment below so that I can help you out with your issues.