For those people who’s having trouble with the installation process for Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 on Windows Vista PCs or Notebook. Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 does run on Windows Vista and should work fine. Just to make sure and for best results, I recommend downloading and installing Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 while you’re logged in as Administrator on your Windows Vista computer. To help you guys in avoiding some obstacles please note the following simple procedure:
1. Log in as Administrator, or any administrator account.
2. Turn off the Windows Vista Security Control called “User Account Control” (UAC) in the control panel.
3. Turn off any firewall that you have.
4. Make sure run the Diagnose and Repair in the network icon in the system tray to resolve network issues if you have one.
5. Go to the Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 download page.
6. A small Windows dialog box will appear, asking if you want to Run, Save or Cancel the file download. Click Run
(Based on my experiences, you’ll be having trouble with installation if you save the downloaded file and running it later on.)
7. Another window will pop up asking if you want to run this software. Click the “Run” button again.
From there you should see the first screen of the 9.0 installer.
10. After this you will have to follow the installation process from Yahoo! Messenger then, everything will be fine.
Installing Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 will not be exactly the same for every Windows Vista user. Depending on your settings, you may or may not see the UAC and firewall windows. If you’re running into different issues, please describe them by commenting in this blog or email me at email@example.com (e.g. step-by-step so I can understand where you’re running into an issue).