PLDT CheckOut – Point of Sales as a Service
PLDT SME NATION promises to turn your Point-of-sale Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) to Operating Expenditures (OPEX) during the launching of their latest and newest innovation… the PLDT Check Out. Last night April 14, 2011, PLDT SME NATION added PLDT CheckOut as another exciting and very innovative product for the small and medium enterprises. PLDT Check Out is a Point-of-Sales System or commonly known as POS offered by PLDT SME as a Software as a Service (SaaS) that lets you manage your sales and revenue analytics anywhere and any given time.
“PLDT Check Out minimizes the cost of having a POS System,” said PLDT SME Nation VP and Head Kat Luna-Abelarde. “The convenience of tracking stores’ sales transactions and inventory levels is now within reach for many SME’s”
According to PLDT SME Nation AVP and Marketing Head Amil Azurin, “With PLDT CheckOut, there is no need for huge initial capital outlay. Unlike with acquiring a conventional POS system, the upfront costs for hardware and software should be expected.” He added, “The cost of ownership for one year for a conventional POS System (complete with software, POS terminal, and server) can reach almost P600,000.00 compared to P64,988.00 for PLDT Check out at P2,750.00 per store per month.
PLDT CheckOut Product Overview
The PLDT CheckOut is a state-of-the-art point-of-sales that has the following features:
1. Gives you off-site access to stores from anywhere and at anytime.
- Since it is a first in the country web based POS system you can easy access sales information from any computer with a browser and an internet connection.
2. Provides real-time analytics and information.
- Every transaction in a CheckOut Front End or Cashier System will be transmitted in real time. That’s why it can provide a real-time analytics of your sales.
3. Virtually zero downtime, guaranteed.
- PLDT Checkout is a Software as a Service residing at the largest Data Center in the Philippines, ePLDT’s Vitro Data Center in which features data redundancy and replication for disaster recovery.
4. Secured your data storage.
5. User-friendly interface.
6. Is more accurate compared to the traditional / manual methods.
7. Works on any web browser on any operating system
PLDT CheckOut Front End Components
The Front-End Component or The Cashiering Component acts an ordinary Cashiering System but it submit the report in real-time. It features the following:
- Allow printing of X and Z reading as per BIR Requirements.
- Allows the system toauto-lock for security purposes.
- Features easy look-up /searching of items using name, description or pricing.
- Compatible with POS machines, barcode scanner, POS printer, cash drawers, etc.
- Allows transaction to be entered on a single screen from start to finish, for quick sales entry.
- Multiple level of security ensure that users will only have access to authorized information
- Allows Cash in/Cash out and change fund transaction(petty cash)
- Allow Refund/Void Transactions
- Accept multi-tender sales transactions.
- Consider negative sales to allow input of special discount such as senior citizen discounts and etc.
Back-End System (Headquarter) Features
The Back-end System or the Headquarter Module works a management tool in monitoring sales analytics at any given time. This module features:
- Browser-based portal to back-office applications. In which you can download reports, to be able to review and analyze sales information.
- The Back-end System can be accessed anywhere, anytime using only a web browser and an internet connection.
- Less on Hardware Maintenance because it is centrally hosted by PLDT.
- It also offers Sales Monitoring and Analytics such as realtime sales information by product item, cashier or POS terminal or Branches.
- Control cash and reconciles sales on a daily basis.
- Customizable Sales report to allow in depth analytics of Sales and Inventory.
- Generates POS Report such as Daily Sales, Z-Reports, Cash In/Cash Out Ledger Reports.
- Generates Audit Report for Reading Trails Sales Book and X Readings
- It also provide module for Inventory Monitoring and Analytics such as Stock List Report, Physical Inventory Report, ReOrder Alerts, Electronic Stock Cards, Inventory Movement Report
Generally, it really acts as an ordinary POS System with Back-end or Back-Office Features that enables SME Business Owners to manages real-time sales at their finger tips. For as low as 2,750.00 per month it is a cost effective IT Solutions for Business owners. But note that the price does not include the cost of terminal and the internet connections.
PLDT SME: PLDT CheckOut SummerBiz Bazaar
After the PLDT CheckOut Press Conference, we proceed to NBC Tent, at around 6:00PM for the official launching of the PLDT CheckOut Summer Biz Bazaar and Party. The “Power On” Ceremony lead by PLDT Executives Mr. Manny Pangilinan, MR. Eric Alberto, and Ms. Kat Luna-Abelarde marked the official launched of the Country’s first POS as a Service the PLDT Check Out.
More Event Photos
(*** More PLDT CheckOut SummerBiz Bazaar Event details, photos and videos will be posted at http://www.thelunchbreakblogger.com/ ***)